There are no secrets to my picks for Saturday’s Preakness Stakes, #westisbest.
Even thought it’s suppose to rain most of the day at Pimlico Race Course, I don’t see any reason why Nyquist won’t win the race and go to New York looking to give the sport a second straight Triple Crown.
Nyquist has just proven to be able to do what he wants on the track and the thing I keep coming back to is the fact that he doesn’t want to be passed once he gets in front.
Exaggerator has yet to get by him and I don’t see it on Saturday, but he looks like the second-best 3-year-old in the country.
Adding to the intrigued in this one will be the addition of Uncle Lino, who finished to Exaggerator in the mud at the Santa Anita Derby. I don’t think he is as good as Nyquist, but he will have to go from the No. 2 post and he has natural speed.
I look for a West Coast trifecta in this race. Rain or shine.
1. Lady Shipman, 2. Joya Real, 3. Exaggerated. Long shot: Miss Matzoball.
1. Counterforce, 2. Justin Squared, 3. Quijote. Long shot: Discreet Angel.
1. Mizz Money, 2. Heath, 3. Tiger Ride. Long shot: Flying Tipat.
1. Dazzling Gem, 2. American Freedom, 3. Gettysburg. Long shot: Moon King.
1. Takeover Target, 2. Grand Arch, 3. Take the Stand. Long shot: Prince Gagarin.
13TH RACE: Preakness Stakes
1. Nyquist, 2. Exaggerator, 3., Uncle Lino. Long shot: Fellowship.
Jeff_Nahill on Twitter